Advanced, Average, Experienced
Group, max 10 persons
The Kuusamo landscape with a reliable Finnish horse is an experience in every season. Ride in the woods and on the slopes on the farm's private paths and forest trails. In winter you can experience horseback riding in the snow and in summer you can experience the light of the north and the richness of nature. Hiking is an experience for all the senses in the splendor of fall colors. Come and experience the sensitivity of Arctic spring together with a Finnish horse. The connection to the horse and nature is an unforgettable experience.
For this forest hike you need some riding experience. The two-hour horseback riding experience is suitable for riders with basic skills. If you want to book a 2-hour hike for first-timers, book the program by email or phone. We will arrange a suitable forest trip for your group.
On a field trip we ride on our private routes. We spend about 2 hours on horseback, the length of the whole program is about 2.5 hours depending on the size of the group.
During the program, you will get to know Ruska Laukka's farm and animals. You can take care of and equip your horse yourself or we can equip it if you wish. Riders get up in the saddle in the indoor riding arena or on the riding arena from an accessible and horse-friendly ramp.
In connection with the excursion, you can book tasty snacks to be enjoyed by the fire in a cozy village blacksmith's workshop or in the red cottage on your own. We deliver meal packages by pre-order (+ 5 €) per person. The package includes savory and sweet snacks, we prefer local ingredients.
We arrange rides on request in connection with the program 15 € /person/direction, min 2 people. In the shopping cart, you can book catering and ride services in connection with the program.
The minimum number of people when booking online is 2 people. If you are coming alone, ask the appropriate group for you at email@example.com. We kindly ask for reservations in advance. You can find other programs and forest riding trips of different lengths in the shop or you can book by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358 40 5300 603.
We operate responsibly. The welfare of people and animal is important to us. We have received Visit Finland's Sustainable Travel Finland label as a sign of long-term responsible operations. Important values such as safety, comprehensive welfare and ethicality are seen in our daily activities. We pay special attention to general hygiene and to functioning operating environment in terms of safety and accessibility
- Safe and competent horses
- Professional supervisor
- Guidance in the stables and in the forest
- Helmet (attention vest or safety vest)
- Dressing and social spaces at your disposal
- Group insurance for customers
- Finnish Riding Association’s insurance for chance riders
- Riding clothing
- Ride service from Ruka and Kuusamo centre
- Snacks to be enjoyed by the fire or in the red cottage
- Other animal and nature programs
- Dressing. Clothes and shoes according to season and the weather, always long-legged trousers and long-sleeved shirt.
- Supportive shoes such as hiking boots, rubber boots and gloves. No flapping clothes, scarfs or backpacks.
- Equipment used in other stables has to be desinfected before entering the stable area.
- Smoking is prohibited in the stable area.