Advanced, Average, Experienced, Average, Advanced, Experienced
Group, max 10 persons, Group, max 10 persons
Forest riding on private trails, paths and fields with finnhorses for experienced riders. The hike progresses according to the level of the group in all gaits. You can equip the horse yourself if you wish.
Forest riding for experienced riders
Forest riding trip in the landscape of Kuusamo with reliable Finnish horses in all gaits is an experience.
For this hike, you need previous riding experience to control the horse in all gaits. The hike progresses according to the level of the group.
Ruska Laukka's forest trips are ridden on private forest trails, paths and fields. The landscape of Kuusamo offers enchanting views in all seasons, and walking through the varied terrain through the forests with our national treasure finnhorse is a touching experience for all the senses. Reliable horse walking on forest trails and in winter in thick snow, nature in the northern light and friendly guidance create a memorable experience.
You can take care of the horses with us and get to know our finnhorses. If you wish, we will equip the horses. Riders get up to the saddle unhindered from the ramp in the indoor riding arena or on the riding arena. We will review safety issues before going off-road. During the trip you can get to know our farm. We can also get to know other animals on the farm.
The riding trip lasts about 1 h, the whole program 1.5 h depending on the size of the group.
In connection with the excursion, you can book tasty snacks to be enjoyed by the fire in a cozy village blacksmith's workshop or in the red cottage on your own. We deliver meal packages by pre-order (+ 5 €) per person. The package includes savory and sweet snacks, we prefer local ingredients.
We arrange rides on request in connection with the program 15 € /person/direction, min 2 people. In the shopping cart, you can book catering and ride services in connection with the program.
The minimum number of people when booking online is 2 people. If you are coming alone, ask the appropriate group for you at email@example.com. We kindly ask for reservations in advance. You can find other programs and forest riding trips of different lengths in the shop or you can book by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358 40 5300 603.
We operate responsibly. The welfare of people and animal is important to us. We have received Visit Finland's Sustainable Travel Finland label as a sign of long-term responsible operations. Important values such as safety, comprehensive welfare and ethicality are seen in our daily activities. We pay special attention to general hygiene and to functioning operating environment in terms of safety and accessibility.
- Safe and competent horses
- Professional supervisor
- Guidance in the stables and in the forest
- Helmet (attention vest or safety vest)
- Dressing and social spaces at your disposal
- Group insurance for customers
- Finnish Riding Association’s insurance for chance riders
- Riding clothing
- Ride service from Ruka and Kuusamo centre
- Snacks to be enjoyed by the fire or in the red cottage
- Other animal and nature programs
- Dressing. Clothes and shoes according to season and the weather, always long-legged trousers and long-sleeved shirt.
- Supportive shoes such as hiking boots, rubber boots and gloves. No flapping clothes, scarfs or backpacks.
- Equipment used in other stables has to be desinfected before entering the stable area.
- Smoking is prohibited in the stable area.