No previous experience
Group, max 10 persons
Visiting animal friends
Welcome to our farm! A visit to a summer country idyll or a winter magic land is suitable for all ages and families with children.
During the program, you will get to know, feed and care for the animals on the farm: horses, ponies, chickens and sheep. You will get to know our national treasure, the finnhorse. Children are especially delighted with the Shetland ponies Venni and Ulla.
We spend time comfortably together in the stable grooming horses. During your visit, you can try horse or pony riding in a safe riding arena.
During the program, we enjoy hot drinks and gingerbread.
The program includes an individual farm visit, a riding experiment and, after the program, the opportunity to enjoy your own or pre-booked snacks by the fire in our cozy courtyard. We deliver snacks by prior reservation (+ 5 € / person).
The duration of the guided program is about an hour, after the program you can spend time eating snacks with your own party. Min. 3 paid customers, children under 3 free with a parent.
We arrange rides on request in connection with the program 15 € /person/direction, min 2 people. In the shopping cart, you can book catering and ride services in connection with the program.
The minimum number of people when booking online is 3 people. If you are coming alone, ask the appropriate group for you at email@example.com. We kindly ask for reservations in advance. You can find other programs and forest riding trips of different lengths in the shop or you can book by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358 40 5300 603.
We operate responsibly. The welfare of people and animal is important to us. We have received Visit Finland's Sustainable Travel Finland label as a sign of long-term responsible operations. Important values such as safety, comprehensive welfare and ethicality are seen in our daily activities. We pay special attention to general hygiene and to functioning operating environment in terms of safety and accessibility.
- Safe and competent horses
- Professional supervisor
- Guidance in the stables and in the forest
- Helmet (attention vest or safety vest)
- Dressing and social spaces at your disposal
- Group insurance for customers
- Finnish Riding Association’s insurance for chance riders
- Riding clothing
- Ride service from Ruka and Kuusamo centre
- Snacks to be enjoyed by the fire or in the red cottage
- Other animal and nature programs
- Dressing. Clothes and shoes according to season and the weather, always long-legged trousers and long-sleeved shirt.
- Supportive shoes such as hiking boots, rubber boots and gloves. No flapping clothes, scarfs or backpacks.
- Equipment used in other stables has to be desinfected before entering the stable area.
- Smoking is prohibited in the stable area.