No previous experience, Reduced mobility
Private program, Program only to reservor group
Sleigh ride for your party
Welcome to enjoy an individual sleigh ride with finnhorses in the Kuusamo landscape. Only your party will take part in your trip.
Getting to know the horses and other animals on the farm, a private tour of the farm and harnessing finnhorses in front of a traditional sleigh are part of the experience. A calmly stepping finnhorse transports you to admire the northeastern landscape through the farm’s snowy forest trails. A traditional sleigh ride in an authentic northern landscape offers a breeze from old times.
Sled riding programs are suitable for all ages, including people with reduced mobility. The whole family, children, parents and grandparents enjoy sleigh rides. Some of the party can travel on a sleigh, while others can ride finnhorses. Shetland ponies Venni and Ulla, the mascots of the farm, can also join the trip.
Prices: 35 €/adults,25/ € children, children under 3 free with adult. The minimum number of people in an online booking is 3 people.
In connection with the sleigh ride, we offer hot drinks and biscuits in a comfortable environment. You can bring your own snacks and enjoy them safely by the fire only among your own party.
We arrange rides on request in connection with the program 15 € /person/direction, min 2 people. In the shopping cart, you can book catering and ride services in connection with the program.
The minimum number of people when booking online is 3 people. If you are coming alone, ask the appropriate group for you at email@example.com. We kindly ask for reservations in advance. You can find other programs and forest riding trips of different lengths in the shop or you can book by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358 40 5300 603.
We operate responsibly. The welfare of people and animal is important to us. We have received Visit Finland's Sustainable Travel Finland label as a sign of long-term responsible operations. Important values such as safety, comprehensive welfare and ethicality are seen in our daily activities. We pay special attention to general hygiene and to functioning operating environment in terms of safety and accessibility.
- Safe and competent horses
- Professional supervisor
- Guidance in the stables and in the forest
- Helmet (attention vest or safety vest)
- Dressing and social spaces at your disposal
- Group insurance for customers
- Finnish Riding Association’s insurance for chance riders
- Riding clothing
- Ride service from Ruka and Kuusamo centre
- Snacks to be enjoyed by the fire or in the red cottage
- Other animal and nature programs
- Dressing. Clothes and shoes according to season and the weather, always long-legged trousers and long-sleeved shirt.
- Supportive shoes such as hiking boots, rubber boots and gloves. No flapping clothes, scarfs or backpacks.
- Equipment used in other stables has to be desinfected before entering the stable area.
- Smoking is prohibited in the stable area.