Advanced, Beginner, Experienced, No previous experience
Group, max 10 persons
Enjoy the evening with horses
Welcome to enjoy an empowering forest trip under the night sky with traditional finnhorses.
In the evening forest trip, you can ride reliable finnhorses in the woods, in the winter in the moonlight or in the light of a headlamp, in the summer on a bright and peaceful northern evening.
Relaxed forest riding trip with reliable and strong finnhorses is suitable for everyone, including first-timers. Depending on the level of the group, we proceed either calmly admiring the night landscape or sometimes more briskly.
You can take care of and equip your horse yourself or we can equip it if you wish. Riders get up in the saddle from an unobstructed and horse-friendly ramp. We go through rider´s aids and safety issues. On a forest trip we ride on safe private routes.
The riding trip lasts about 1 h, the whole program 1.5 h depending on the size of the group.
We arrange rides on request in connection with the program 15 € /person/direction, min 2 people. In the shopping cart, you can book catering and ride services in connection with the program.
The minimum number of people when booking online is 2 people. If you are coming alone, ask the appropriate group for you at email@example.com. We kindly ask for reservations in advance. You can find other programs and forest riding trips of different lengths in the shop or you can book by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358 40 5300 603.
We operate responsibly. The welfare of people and animal is important to us. We have received Visit Finland's Sustainable Travel Finland label as a sign of long-term responsible operations. Important values such as safety, comprehensive welfare and ethicality are seen in our daily activities. We pay special attention to general hygiene and to functioning operating environment in terms of safety and accessibility.
- Safe and competent horses
- Professional supervisor
- Guidance in the stables and in the forest
- Helmet (attention vest or safety vest)
- Dressing and social spaces at your disposal
- Group insurance for customers
- Finnish Riding Association’s insurance for chance riders
- Riding clothing
- Ride service from Ruka and Kuusamo centre
- Snacks to be enjoyed by the fire or in the red cottage
- Other animal and nature programs
- Dressing. Clothes and shoes according to season and the weather, always long-legged trousers and long-sleeved shirt.
- Supportive shoes such as hiking boots, rubber boots and gloves. No flapping clothes, scarfs or backpacks.
- Equipment used in other stables has to be desinfected before entering the stable area.
- Smoking is prohibited in the stable area.