Advanced, Beginner, Experienced, No previous experience
Group, max 10 persons
Experience nature with horses
Get to know the finnhorses and the Kuusamo landscape with a forest riding trip in all seasons! Relaxed riding trip with reliable and strong finnhorses is suitable for everyone, including first-timers. The hike progresses according to the skill level of the group on varying terrain on private trails and forest trails.
Reliable horse walking on forest trails and in winter in thick snow, nature in the northern light and friendly guidance create a memorable experience.
You can take care of and equip your horse yourself or we can equip it if you wish. Riders get on the back of the horse in the indoor riding arena or on the riding arena and receive guidance on how to handle the horse. The riding trip lasts about 1 h, the whole program 1.5 h depending on the size of the group.
Ruska Laukka's hiking trips are ridden along trails in the woods and fields. The landscape of Kuusamo offers enchanting views in all seasons and walking through the varied terrain through the forests with our national treasure finnhorse is a touching experience for all the senses.
In connection with the excursion, you can book tasty snacks to be enjoyed by the fire in a cozy village blacksmith's workshop or in the red cottage on your own. We deliver meal packages by pre-order (+ 5 €) per person. The package includes savory and sweet snacks, we prefer local ingredients.
We arrange rides on request in connection with the program 15 € /person/direction, min 2 people. In the shopping cart, you can book catering and ride services in connection with the program.
The minimum number of people when booking online is 2 people. If you are coming alone, ask the appropriate group for you at email@example.com. We kindly ask for reservations in advance. You can find other programs and forest riding trips of different lengths in the shop or you can book by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358 40 5300 603.
We operate responsibly. The welfare of people and animal is important to us. We have received Visit Finland's Sustainable Travel Finland label as a sign of long-term responsible operations. Important values such as safety, comprehensive welfare and ethicality are seen in our daily activities. We pay special attention to general hygiene and to functioning operating environment in terms of safety and accessibility.
- Safe and competent horses
- Professional supervisor
- Guidance in the stables and in the forest
- Helmet (attention vest or safety vest)
- Dressing and social spaces at your disposal
- Group insurance for customers
- Finnish Riding Association’s insurance for chance riders
- Riding clothing
- Ride service from Ruka and Kuusamo centre
- Snacks to be enjoyed by the fire or in the red cottage Other animal and nature programs
- Dressing. Clothes and shoes according to season and the weather, always long-legged trousers and long-sleeved shirt.
- Supportive shoes such as hiking boots, rubber boots and gloves. No flapping clothes, scarfs or backpacks.
- Equipment used in other stables has to be desinfected before entering the stable area.
- Smoking is prohibited in the stable area.