Advanced, Average, Experienced
Group, max 10 persons
The Kuusamo landscape with a reliable finnhorse is an experience in every season. Ride in the Kuusamo forest and on the slopes on the farm's private paths and forest routes.
For this riding trip, you need enough riding experience to control a horse in all gaits.
During the program you will get to know the farm and the animals. You can get to take care of and equip your horse on your own with guidance or we will equip it if you wish. Riders get up to the saddle from an accessible and horse-friendly ramp in the indoor riding arena or riding arena. You will receive guidance on how to work with the horse.
The riding trip lasts about 1.5 hours, the whole program 2 hours depending on the size of the group.
We arrange rides on request in connection with the program 15 € /person/direction, min 2 people. In the shopping cart, you can book catering and ride services in connection with the program.
The minimum number of people when booking online is 2 people. If you are coming alone, ask the appropriate group for you at firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly ask for reservations in advance. You can find other programs and forest riding trips of different lengths in the shop or you can book by e-mail email@example.com or by phone +358 40 5300 603.
We operate responsibly. The welfare of people and animal is important to us. We have received Visit Finland's Sustainable Travel Finland label as a sign of long-term responsible operations. Important values such as safety, comprehensive welfare and ethicality are seen in our daily activities. We pay special attention to general hygiene and to functioning operating environment in terms of safety and accessibility.
- Safe and competent horses
- Professional supervisor
- Guidance in the stables and in the forest
- Helmet (attention vest or safety vest)
- Dressing and social spaces at your disposal
- Group insurance for customers
- Finnish Riding Association’s insurance for chance riders
- Riding clothing
- Ride service from Ruka and Kuusamo centre
- Snacks to be enjoyed by the fire or in the red cottage
- Other animal and nature programs
- Dressing. Clothes and shoes according to season and the weather, always long-legged trousers and long-sleeved shirt.
- Supportive shoes such as hiking boots, rubber boots and gloves. No flapping clothes, scarfs or backpacks.
- Equipment used in other stables has to be desinfected before entering the stable area.
- Smoking is prohibited in the stable area.