No previous experience
Program only to reservor group
Relaxing with ponies and sleigh rides in stunning scenery is a unique nature experience for the child.
Memorable pony trip
The highlight of the holiday for the youngest members of the family is a memorable visit to a horse farm in Kuusamo. During the private program, you will get to know the ponies, take care of the ponies and get to know the life of the horse farm. In winter we can go pony sleigh ride and in summer you can try pony riding.
The pony program is suitable for children of all ages and also for people with reduced mobility.
The children’s program begins with grooming the horses, equipping the horses, or harnessing the pony in front of the sleigh. The sled is suitable for several children. Relaxing with ponies and sleigh rides in stunning scenery is a unique nature experience for the child.
The excursion can be carried out according to your wishes either by pony sleigh ride with the youngest members of the family or by riding horses. Adults can join the trip. The excursion takes you on the farm’s private routes in the woods. Children get to know the animals on the farm and get to feed horses, ponies, chickens and sheep with us. In addition to horses, the farm has sheep, chickens, dogs and cats. Ponies Venni and Ulla are also involved in the activities.
After the program, you will have the opportunity to enjoy your own or pre-booked snacks by the fire in our cozy courtyard. We deliver snacks in advance by reservation (+ 5 € / person). The duration of the guided program is about 1 hour, after the program you can spend the time you want eating snacks. The price is per child. The minimum number of people in the online booking is 2 children.
We arrange rides on request in connection with the program 15 € /person/direction, min 2 people. In the shopping cart, you can book catering and ride services in connection with the program.
The minimum number of people when booking online is 2 people. If you are coming alone, ask the appropriate group for you at firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly ask for reservations in advance. You can find other programs and forest riding trips of different lengths in the shop or you can book by e-mail email@example.com or by phone +358 40 5300 603.
We operate responsibly. The welfare of people and animal is important to us. We have received Visit Finland's Sustainable Travel Finland label as a sign of long-term responsible operations. Important values such as safety, comprehensive welfare and ethicality are seen in our daily activities. We pay special attention to general hygiene and to functioning operating environment in terms of safety and accessibility.
- Safe and competent horses
- Professional supervisor
- Guidance in the stables and in the forest
- Helmet (attention vest or safety vest)
- Dressing and social spaces at your disposal
- Group insurance for customers
- Finnish Riding Association’s insurance for chance riders
- Riding clothing
- Ride service from Ruka and Kuusamo centre
- Snacks to be enjoyed by the fire or in the red cottage
- Other animal and nature programs
- Dressing. Clothes and shoes according to season and the weather, always long-legged trousers and long-sleeved shirt.
- Supportive shoes such as hiking boots, rubber boots and gloves. No flapping clothes, scarfs or backpacks.
- Equipment used in other stables has to be desinfected before entering the stable area.
- Smoking is prohibited in the stable area.