Advanced, Average, Beginner, Challenging, Experienced, No previous experience, Reduced mobility
Group, max 10 persons
In the north with a finnhorse
A private riding trip and farm visit is a program suitable for everyone and a wide variety of groups. No previous riding experience is required.
During the visit you will get to know the idyllic farm and our national treasure finnhorse. The riding trip included in the program is also suitable for first-time riders. If necessary, our guides will walk alongside the rider during the trip.
During the program, your party will get to know the leisurely lifestyle of an arctic farm. You will get to know the animals on the farm and get to care for and feed them. There are finnhorses, Shetland ponies, sheep and chickens in the farm. The children are especially delighted by the activities of the Shetland pony buddies Venni and Ulla and the sheep.
The forest trip to the northeastern landscape is carried out in a way that suits the party. You can ride safe and peaceful Finnish horses on the farm’s private forest roads. A forest trip in the nature of Kuusamo together with a Finnish horse is an experience in all seasons.
Riders get up in the saddle from an unobstructed and horse-friendly ramp. The program is suitable for all ages.
The program includes a hot drink and gingerbread. You can book tasty meals for the trip. If you wish, you can enjoy your own lunch at the courtyard fireplace after the program. By pre-order, we deliver tasty snacks (+ 5 €) or soup lunch (+ 15 €) per person. The package includes salty and sweet snacks, we prefer local ingredients.
We arrange rides on request in connection with the program 15 € /person/direction, min 2 people. In the shopping cart, you can book catering and ride services in connection with the program.
The minimum number of people when booking online is 2 people. If you are coming alone, ask the appropriate group for you at firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly ask for reservations in advance. You can find other programs and forest riding trips of different lengths in the shop or you can book by e-mail email@example.com or by phone +358 40 5300 603.
We operate responsibly. The welfare of people and animal is important to us. We have received Visit Finland's Sustainable Travel Finland label as a sign of long-term responsible operations. Important values such as safety, comprehensive welfare and ethicality are seen in our daily activities. We pay special attention to general hygiene and to functioning operating environment in terms of safety and accessibility.
- Safe and competent horses
- Professional supervisor
- Guidance in the stables and in the forest
- Helmet (attention vest or safety vest)
- Dressing and social spaces at your disposal
- Group insurance for customers
- Finnish Riding Association’s insurance for chance riders
- Riding clothing
- Ride service from Ruka and Kuusamo centre
- Snacks to be enjoyed by the fire or in the red cottage
- Other animal and nature programs
- Dressing. Clothes and shoes according to season and the weather, always long-legged trousers and long-sleeved shirt.
- Supportive shoes such as hiking boots, rubber boots and gloves. No flapping clothes, scarfs or backpacks.
- Equipment used in other stables has to be desinfected before entering the stable area.
- Smoking is prohibited in the stable area.