Beginner, No previous experience, Reduced mobility
Private program, Program only to reservor group
Breeze from old times
Welcome to enjoy an individual sleigh ride with finnhorses. We organize the trips responsibly, only your party will take part in the trip.
We harness the Finnish horse in front of the traditional sleigh and go on a sleigh ride in the forest to admire the landscapes of the Northeast. The beautiful natural environment and the snoring snow under the hooves soothe even the busy mind. A traditional sleigh ride in an authentic northern landscape offers a breeze from old times.
Sleigh ride programs are suitable for all ages, including people with reduced mobility. The whole family, children, parents and grandparents enjoy sleigh rides! Shetland ponies Venni and Ulla, the mascots of the farm, may also be involved in the trip.
Prices: 25 € / person, children under 3 free with adult.
In connection with the excursion, you can book tasty snacks to be enjoyed by the fire in a cozy village blacksmith's workshop or in the red cottage on your own. We deliver meal packages by pre-order (+ 5 €) per person. The package includes savory and sweet snacks, we prefer local ingredients.
We arrange rides on request in connection with the program 15 € /person/direction, min 2 people. In the shopping cart, you can book catering and ride services in connection with the program.
The minimum number of people when booking online is 2 people. If you are coming alone, ask the appropriate group for you at firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly ask for reservations in advance. You can find other programs and forest riding trips of different lengths in the shop or you can book by e-mail email@example.com or by phone +358 40 5300 603.
We operate responsibly. The welfare of people and animal is important to us. We have received Visit Finland's Sustainable Travel Finland label as a sign of long-term responsible operations. Important values such as safety, comprehensive welfare and ethicality are seen in our daily activities. We pay special attention to general hygiene and to functioning operating environment in terms of safety and accessibility.
- Safe and competent horses
- Professional supervisor
- Guidance in the stables and in the forest
- Helmet (attention vest or safety vest)
- Dressing and social spaces at your disposal
- Group insurance for customers
- Finnish Riding Association’s insurance for chance riders
- Riding clothing
- Ride service from Ruka and Kuusamo centre
- Snacks to be enjoyed by the fire or in the red cottage
- Other animal and nature programs
- Dressing. Clothes and shoes according to season and the weather, always long-legged trousers and long-sleeved shirt.
- Supportive shoes such as hiking boots, rubber boots and gloves. No flapping clothes, scarfs or backpacks.
- Equipment used in other stables has to be desinfected before entering the stable area.
- Smoking is prohibited in the stable area.