Advanced, Average, Beginner, Challenging, Experienced, No previous experience, Reduced mobility
Program only to reservor group
Only we and the horses
Private forest riding trip is a customized excursion for couples and groups who want to experience something new together. Horseback riding in the landscapes and forests of Kuusamo is an atmospheric and memorable experience. Together with friendly and reliable horses, the excursion is an ecological quality time in nature in all seasons.
For example, a private forest trip is suitable as part of a holiday program, as a romantic gift for couples, as an experience trip for friends and as a corporate gift. The beauty of summer and winter in Kuusamo, together with happy and peaceful Finnish horses, is a unifying, entertaining and empowering experience.
On the excursion, we ride on the farm’s private forest trails and paths at a pace suitable for the party, briskly or calmly. Forest trip is suitable for all ages and also for first-timers. If you wish, you can take care of and equip your horses yourself with our help or we will equip them. Riders get up in the saddle in the indoor riding arena or on the riding arena from an accessible and horse-friendly ramp and you get guidance on how to work with the horse.
After the trip, hot or cold drinks are available depending on the season. The program includes a private forest trip as well as the opportunity to enjoy your own or pre-booked snacks in the fireplace in our cozy courtyard. We deliver picnic lunches in advance by reservation (+ 5 € / person).
The riding trip lasts about an hour, the whole program 1.5 hours depending on the size of the group. When eating snacks, you can spend time together for the time you want.
We arrange rides on request in connection with the program 15 € /person/direction, min 2 people. In the shopping cart, you can book catering and ride services in connection with the program.
The minimum number of people when booking online is 2 people, billing minimum 4 people. If you are coming alone, ask the appropriate group for you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We kindly ask for reservations in advance. You can find other programs and forest riding trips of different lengths in the shop or you can book by e-mail email@example.com or by phone +358 40 5300 603.)
We operate responsibly. The welfare of people and animal is important to us. We have received Visit Finland's Sustainable Travel Finland label as a sign of long-term responsible operations. Important values such as safety, comprehensive welfare and ethicality are seen in our daily activities. We pay special attention to general hygiene and to functioning operating environment in terms of safety and accessibility
- Safe and competent horses
- Professional supervisor
- Guidance in the stables and in the forest
- Helmet (attention vest or safety vest)
- Dressing and social spaces at your disposal
- Group insurance for customers
- Finnish Riding Association’s insurance for chance riders
- Riding clothing
- Ride service from Ruka and Kuusamo centre
- Snacks to be enjoyed by the fire or in the red cottage
- Other animal and nature programs
- Dressing. Clothes and shoes according to season and the weather, always long-legged trousers and long-sleeved shirt.
- Supportive shoes such as hiking boots, rubber boots and gloves. No flapping clothes, scarfs or backpacks.
- Equipment used in other stables has to be desinfected before entering the stable area.
- Smoking is prohibited in the stable area.