Advanced, Average, Beginner, Experienced
Ride trough a forest
Come and enjoy the seasons of the north and the forest with reliable finnhorses. You can also enjoy the atmosphere and service of a village blacksmith’s workshop. Hiking to the village blacksmith’s workshop is a two-hour program where you get to know the horses, ride the horses on the farm’s private forest roads and trails, and spend time in the village blacksmith’s old workshop by the campfire.
We can hike calmly, but it’s good to have some previous riding experience for hiking. The field trip proceeds according to the level and wishes of the group.
During the program you will get to know the finnhorse. You can take care of the horses with us and you can equip your horse for the trip with our help. If you wish, we will equip the horses.
There is a safe and horse-friendly ramp for getting up to the saddle, which is also suitable for people with reduced mobility. We will guide you on how to handle horses.
The destination of the field trip on the farm's private forest roads and paths is an idyllic village blacksmith's workshop. After the riding experience, snacks await in the workshop. Servings include savory and sweet snacks and hot drinks. The serving is enhanced by atmospheric stories about a finnhorse.
The whole program lasts 2.5 hours, of which we spend about 2 hours on horseback.
We arrange rides on request in connection with the program 15 € /person/direction, min 2 people. In the shopping cart, you can book catering and ride services in connection with the program.
The minimum number of people when booking online is 2 people. If you are coming alone, ask the appropriate group for you at email@example.com. We kindly ask for reservations in advance. You can find other programs and forest riding trips of different lengths in the shop or you can book by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358 40 5300 603.
We operate responsibly. The welfare of people and animal is important to us. We have received Visit Finland's Sustainable Travel Finland label as a sign of long-term responsible operations. Important values such as safety, comprehensive welfare and ethicality are seen in our daily activities. We pay special attention to general hygiene and to functioning operating environment in terms of safety and accessibility.
- Safe and competent horses
- Professional supervisor
- Guidance in the stables and in the forest
- Helmet (attention vest or safety vest)
- Dressing and social spaces at your disposal
- Group insurance for customers
- Finnish Riding Association’s insurance for chance riders
- Riding clothing
- Ride service from Ruka and Kuusamo centre
- Snacks to be enjoyed by the fire or in the red cottage
- Other animal and nature programs
- Dressing. Clothes and shoes according to season and the weather, always long-legged trousers and long-sleeved shirt.
- Supportive shoes such as hiking boots, rubber boots and gloves. No flapping clothes, scarfs or backpacks.
- Equipment used in other stables has to be desinfected before entering the stable area.
- Smoking is prohibited in the stable area.